When I saw this at sales conference I was practically drooling. This is a thorough revision done by Moisés Silva. D.A. Carson says “Brings changes that make it richer and more user-friendly to those interested in detailed exegesis . . . not all ‘standard reference works’ deserve to be standards; this one does.” Features include
- Alphabetical arrangement according to Greek words to ensure that individual Greek words are not discussed in isolation from one another and are easy to access.
- Additional Greek words and concepts not covered in the original work, it offers nearly 800 entries covering over 3,000 Greek words.
- Discussions revised to be in line with modern scholarship and updated bibliographies.
- Updated and added consistency to include–for every entry–all necessary background information from classical Greek, the LXX, and Jewish literature.
- A helpful semantic domain index now directs the reader to all of the Greek words that have something to do with a particular English word
- and much, much more!!
Students will certainly want to add this to their library. Over 100,000 of the first edition have sold in the United States since 1975.
Put this on your Christmas list. It will be out this November. The five volumes will sell for $249.99.