There has not been a lot of books published recently in defense of the pretribulation rapture. Gone are the days of John Walvoord, Charles Ryrie, and Dwight Pentecost. While the current advocates may not be as vocal they are alive and well. Coming in June of 2015 from Moody Publishers we’ll see Evidence for the Rapture edited by John F. Hart. Here’s the table of contents:
1) The Day of the Lord and the Rapture by Dr. Craig Blaising
2) The Rapture and the Biblical Teaching of Imminency by Dr. Robert L. Thomas
3) Jesus and the Rapture: Matthew 24 by John Hart
4) Jesus and the Rapture: John 14 by Dr. George Gunn
5) Paul and the Rapture: 1 Corinthians 15 by Dr. Michael Vanlaningham
6) Paul and the Rapture: 1 Thess. 4-5 by Dr. Kevin D. Zuber
7) Paul and the Rapture: 2 Thess. 2 by Dr. Nathan Holsteen
8) John and the Rapture: Revelation 2-3 by Dr. Andy Woods
9) John Nelson Darby and the Pretribulation Rapture Argument in Revelation 12:5 by Dr. Michael Svigel
10) Israel: Why the Church Must Be Raptured Before the Tribulation by Dr. Michael Rydelnik
John Hart has been professor of Bible and Moody Bible Institute for over 30 years. He received his ThD from Grace Seminary where he wrote his dissertation on Matthew 24.
Evidence for the Rapture will be a paperback with 320 pages and sell for $26.99.