This week I’m offering The Church and Its Vocation: Lesslie Newbigin’s Missionary Ecclesiology, by Michael W. Goheen. Here are the catalog description and contents:
Lesslie Newbigin, one of the twentieth century’s most important church leaders, offered insights on the church in a pluralistic world that are arguably more relevant now than when first written. This volume presents his ecclesiology to a new generation. Michael Goheen clearly articulates Newbigin’s missionary understanding of the church and places it in the context of Newbigin’s core theological convictions. Suitable for students as well as church leaders, this book offers readers a better understanding of the mission of the church in the world today. Foreword by N. T. Wright.
Foreword N. T. Wright
1. The Biblical Story as Universal History
2. The Good News of the Kingdom and the Missionary Church
3. The Missionary Church and Its Vocation in the World
4. The Missionary Church and Its Life Together
5. A Missionary Encounter with Culture
6. A Missionary Encounter with Western Culture
7. Lesslie Newbigin’s Legacy for Today
Leave your name in the comments section no later than Friday, July 26th. I’ll draw the winner’s name by 4:00 PM EST that day. If I don’t hear back from the winner within seven days the book will go to another entry. Entries are limited to U.S. residents.